Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Word of the Day: Long

It has been a LONG time since I posted anything to this blog. The last few weeks of school have been CRAZY, but things are slowing down now. That is, they are slowing down until after graduation, at which point they are going to get crazy again as I put the finishing touches on the Knasel/Webb wedding. 17 days. WHOA!

Here's what you missed while my typing fingers were idle:

1. Michelle came to visit! I had a total blast with her, and I'm so glad she came. She had to do some last minute work on school stuff before her finals week, and she wanted everyone at U of M to leave her alone so she came here!! She mostly studied, but Rex and I had to study too so that was okay. On Thursday (the night before she left), we went out after Rex's work shift (which ended at 1 AM) to BW3 and got boneless wings and drinks - YUM!! So much for that Webb curfew...lol

2. On the subject of Michelle, she graduated on Saturday and Rex and I went to go watch her. President Obama was speaking at the ceremony, and he did a really good job. After graduation we went to Abby's grandparents' house for dinner, and it was delicious. It may have been slightly less delicious if I had eaten anything in the past seven hours, but I hadn't. Therefore it was AMAZING.

3. Duckies! I was going to devote an entire post to ducks, but alas - I never had time. There is a female duck nesting outside of Rex's window, and we check on her every day. I can't wait for the babies to be born! Also, Rex and I saw a separate mommy duck a few days ago in the river. She had ten tiny babies who looked like they were swimming for the first time. They couldn't swim well at all and kept bobbling around. It was hilarious.

4. Puppies!! Rex loves dogs, so I decided to devise a way to get dogs to campus so he could play with them. Little did I know that this small idea would actually end up becoming a big event! I organized a "Rent-a-puppy" event where students could rent a puppy in exchange for a donation to the humane society. The humane society provided all the puppies last weekend, hundreds of students came, and we (my staff and the West Circle Community) raised over $800 to donate to the humane society! WOW! All because Rex wanted to play with puppies! Rex, of course, was a main volunteer for the event. :-)

5. Cotton Candy - At "Stress-free Zone" on the Sunday before finals, I was in charge of running the cotton candy machine. Best. Job. Ever. The only downside was that at the end of the night I felt like a bug that a spider was wrapping up to eat on account of the thin strings of sugar clinging to my clothes, skin, and hair. I bet I smelled good, though!

6. Girls' Day! On account of the fact that I only have one piece-of-cake final and it's not until Wednesday, I spent yesterday at the mall and then having a movie night. Two of my friends, Megan and Sara, are in similar finals situations, so I hung out with them. I bought a dress for the rehearsal dinner as well as two pairs of flip flops (2 for $5! WHOO HOO!). We had a lovely spaghetti dinner, and we watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. While we were watching, Sara took notes on all of the reasons why she dislikes Matthew McConaughey. It filled up FOUR pages.

7. Because this is number 7 on my list, it is the perfect time to tell you that I am working a seven hour shift behind the desk today. Can we say, "boringville"?? I was only supposed to work three and a half, but the girl after me was sick so I said I could stay. I played McVideoGame for an hour and made it to the year 2030. You may say I'm being unproductive, which would be true, but hey - I have no homework! Have you ever played McVideoGame? It's pretty sweet. Try it out: http://www.mcvideogame.com/

8. Today I filled out my first application form where, when I have to check the box, "What is your highest level of education?" I could click "I have a bachelor's degree." It felt good.

Well, that's all for now. The mail came, so I suppose I should sort it.

I promise to update more often now that my work is done for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment