Sunday, April 11, 2010

Word of the Day: Fun

What a fun weekend!! Here is a quick recap:

1. Friday: I went to work (where Rex showed up with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of tulips for me "for no reason." YES! I love it when he does that!), and then Pancheros and Barnes and Noble date with him. While I was downstairs in Barnes and Noble picking out a book to read, Rex bought me a rice krispie treat from the cafe and threw it off of the balcony. It hit me on the head and then fell on the floor, but I figured it was still okay. 10 second rule, right? Also, Rex and I decided to play a game where we each picked out a book that would be fun to read together while we ate the rice krispie treat. Just like in one of those cheesy, over the top movie scenes, we both hid the books we chose from view and were like, "My book is better!" "No MY book is better! It's perfect!" "But you're going to love my book!" etc. etc. Then when we showed each other the books that we chose and....you guessed it....we chose the same book. HA HA! So corny. We laughed really hard. The book was a picture book from the children's section on puppies. What are the odds we would both choose that? Anyway, it was good, and the rice krispie treat was delish (even if it was kinda dusty - lol).

Saturday: TIGER'S GAME!!! It was so so SO fun. Please read Rex's blog for details on that...I really just can't do it justice like he did. After the game we went to Olive Garden for dinner, which we really can't afford, but Rex said that since we really couldn't afford the Tiger's game either we might as well just totally break the bank on our special day of celebrating nothing. Hooray!

Sunday: I went to church and heard an awesome sermon on Mark 5. After church my mom and sister came up to Lansing to be there when I got my WEDDING DRESS!!! It finally came in! It fits perfectly and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to wear it in only 40 more days! Cara got her bridesmaids dress too, and she looks totally grown up in it. Hooray! It was like playing "bride" when I was a kid in my dress up clothes, but more legit this time. :-)
After we got our dresses we went to my friend Elle's apartment because she threw me a BEAUTIFUL wedding shower! She worked so hard and made awesome food, and the cake she bought was beautiful. Also, it was approved by Lupe Izzo, who Elle ran into at the bakery. Wow! Special! I felt so loved by my friends, and we had a great time laughing and having fun together.

*PHEW!* What a great weekend. I'm exhausted, but it was so fun. Monday is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment