Thursday, March 4, 2010

Word of the Day: PHONE!

I FINALLY got my new phone in the mail today!! It has been surprisingly difficult to be without a functional phone for the past two weeks. It makes me think about how dependent we are on technology...this probably isn't good. Was the world better 150 years ago, when we didn't have any of this craziness? Or is it better now? I guess I'll never know since I can't live in both places.

I spend a lot of time keeping up with old friends, mainly because I can. Facebook and e-mail allow me to keep up with pretty much everyone. Long ago, people only had their tight-knit group of best friends and that was all. Do you suppose they wished they had more friends, or do you think they were relieved to not have to spend the time keeping up with hundreds of people? I don't know...

I wonder where technology is headed. Flying cars? Time machines? I keep thinking we can't possibly get more advanced...yet we always do. It's going to be weird to see what comes next.

For now, though, I'm happy with my phone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment