Sunday, March 21, 2010

Word of the Day: Shower

Yesterday was my first ever bridal shower. I have never even been to one as a guest, and now I have been to one as the bride! WOW! Cool, huh?

Anyway, it was tons of fun. The shower was thrown by Rex's aunts, and it was great to hang out with his family (well, the females of the family, anyway). Michelle came back from Ann Arbor for the party, and she hardly ever comes home! I felt so special. Rex's grandma sewed five new tablecloths especially for the party. Dorothy (his six year old cousin) even made angel centerpieces to go on the tables. She said, "I was up until MIDNIGHT finishing those!" Don't worry - I thanked her profusely for her sacrifice.

The party was a total blast. I decided I really, really like bridal showers. lol. I got lots of beautiful gifts wrapped in beautiful paper, and we played Bunco! I had never played Bunco before, and it was really fun. Also, as is true of any Koopsen event, the food was delicious. I got to wear my beautiful new red dress (that I got 65% off at Macy's!), and everyone liked it. For lunch I got to sit at a special "bridal table" that had a special tablecloth and flowers. It was like I was a princess for the day - how fun!

Bridal showers are so fun (in my wealth of experience - ha ha). It's a good thing I didn't know about these before I was engaged, or I would have been tempted to get married just for the parties. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment